Online GCSE History Course
Our Online GCSE History course is the international version or IGCSE. This course aims to develop your understanding of human activity in the past based on historical evidence. You will learn about the nature of cause and consequence, continuity and change, and similarity and difference. Through studying this course you will develop an understanding of the present and how it is influenced by past events.
Our Online GCSE History Course aims to:
- Stimulate interest in and enthusiasm about the past
- Promote the acquisition of knowledge and understanding of human activity in the past
- Ensure that the candidates’ knowledge is rooted in an understanding of the nature and use of historical evidence
- Promote an understanding of the nature of cause and consequence, continuity and change, and similarity and difference
- Provide a sound basis for further study and the pursuit of personal interest
- Encourage international understanding
- Encourage the development of linguistic and communication skills.
Our Online GCSE History Course is powered by:
- CloudPort© – Our Virtual Learning Environment: offering 24/7 access to all your materials – so you can study on the move
- Online Lessons and Assessments – allowing you to study on any Smart Device
- Lively and interactive study environments, where you can engage in group collaboration with fellow students
- 12 Months Course Access & Tutor Support – giving you the confidence you need to achieve your learning goals
- Digital and Print resources – both included in course fees
- Live chat functionality with tutors and students – giving you immediate access to the information you need
- Direct links to media-rich and interactive learning resources – making your learning cool, engaging and effective.
Online GCSE History Course Structure
- 19th Century Core Content
- What caused the First World War?
- Depth Study
- Russia 1905-1941
- 20th Century Core Content
- International Relations since 1919
- Depth Study
- Israelis and Palestinians 1945-1994
As you progress through the Online GCSE History Course sections you will encounter lessons, activities, core reading and assessments.
Are part of your Online GCSE History Course you will be subject to Formative and Summative Assessment. Formative assessments do not count towards your final mark but are used to gauge your progress and performance.
These assessments are used to prepare you for the Final Examination set by CIE (Cambridge International Examinations). The Online GCSE History Course includes the following assessment elements:
- Formative Assessment including: Activities, Multiple Choice Assessment, Short Answer and tutor marked Mock Exam.
- Summative Assessment – Final Exam sat over 2 papers.
Exams for the CIE IGCSE History syllabus (0470) are held twice a year: January and May/June.
Exam timetables are published 12 months in advance and are available upon request.
Exam fees are additional to the course fees. These are payable to the centre where you sit your exam.
Upon enrolment you will be issued with a list of centres in your local area from which to choose.
Awarding Body Information
Our Online GCSE History Course is written to the CIE IGCSE History syllabus (0470).
Cambridge International Examinations is the world’s largest provider of international education programmes and qualifications for 5–19 year olds.
CIE qualifications are taken in over 160 countries and recognised by universities, education providers and employers across the world.
The International GCSE is an exact equivalent to the standard GCSE, more information on which can be found on the CIE IGCSE page.
Perhaps the most important asset provided as part of your Online GCSE History Course is access to a dedicated academic tutor.
You will be assigned a tutor on enrolment who will support you for 12 months. Support extensions are available upon request.
120 hours GLH (Guided Learning Hours)