At CloudLearn we are fully committed to protecting and respecting our student's privacy. Any personal information collected by CloudLearn will be used by CloudLearn in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), 2018.
CloudLearn reaffirms its commitment to safeguarding the personal data of our students, contacts, and anyone who visits our websites. CloudLearn has three core privacy principles: accountability through awareness, empowering individuals, and protecting and safeguarding information. We embrace privacy by design, which means our teams actively design and build features with privacy considered alongside innovation and functionality.
CloudLearn have taken reasonable & appropriate measures to keep students personal information secure. Any disclosures of information will be made only with your permission. CloudLearn may use your name, email address and telephone number to contact you to provide you with information relating to your course enrolment.
As per our GDPR policies, CloudLearn will retain your information for 90 days from the first time you make contact with CloudLearn, and provide you regular information updates to help you take a decision on pursuing a course with CloudLearn. After 90 days, if you decide not to pursue a course with CloudLearn, CloudLearn will not retain any personally identifiable information.
If you register for a course with CloudLearn, we will retain your name, email address, postal address and contact phone number for the duration of your course + 12 months to provide you with your course progress and course related information.
During this period, CloudLearn's Learning Management System (LMS), CloudPort (cloudport.cloudlearn.co.uk) will send you regular messages from CloudLearn, your tutor and your co-learners regarding learning elements such as updates to course materials, pending assignments, your results, and answers to your queries including forum posts etc. CloudLearn will also retain your assessments and scores on various learning activities.
Once you complete your course with CloudLearn, CloudLearn will retain your personally identifiable information for 12 months from your course end date to ensure that we are able to support you on your final exam or until you inform us that you have taken your GCSE/A-Level Exams (whichever occurs first). After 12 months, CloudLearn will not hold any personally identifiable information other than in its archives. Maintaining archives is essential for CloudLearn’s business continuity processes.
This policy explains who we are, what, when and why we collect personal information, how we use it, and how we keep it secure.
Any questions regarding this policy and our privacy practises should be sent:
- by email to email@example.com
- by phone to 0330 111 4006
- by post to CloudLearn, 54 Cook Street, Glasgow G5 8JQ
2 WHO WE ARE
We’re CloudLearn, the UK's only GCSE & A-Level specialist online learning organisation. Our purpose is to make learning as accessible as possible, allowing you to decide when, where and how you learn.
CloudLearn is a company incorporated under the laws of Scotland (registered number SC399410) having its registered office and address for service at 94 Hope Street, Suite 2.11, Glasgow, Scotland, G2 6PH. We are registered as a data controller with the UK Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) under registration number ZA121964.
3 HOW DO WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
Information is provided to CloudLearn by:
- Filling out an enquiry form on our website
- When you contact us by phone; email or chat
- When you join our social media channels such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube
- Information provided when contact is made with our Student Service team
- Student satisfaction surveys to support continuous improvement.
4 WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT
When requesting information, we will ask for:
- Full name
- Email address
- Contact telephone number
When enrolling on a course, we will ask for:
- Full name
- Email address
- Contact telephone number
- Postal address
- Payment information including credit card number and bank details
- Company name and address
When studying with us, we will store:
- Academic queries
- Assessment submissions and grades
- Forum posts
- individual learning plans
5 HOW AND WHY WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Under data protection law, we can only use your personal information if we have a legitimate reason for doing, for example:
- To comply with legal and regulatory obligations;
- For the performance of our contract with you or to take steps at your request before entering into a contract;
- For our legitimate interests; or
- Where you have given consent.
A legitimate interest is when we have a business or commercial reason to use your information, so long as this is not overridden by your own rights and interests.
- Students: If you are a student, our processing of your personal data is necessary to provide you with the course you have enrolled on.
- Course enquiries: We use your personal information submitted to us when you make an enquiry to send you the information you have requested.
- Marketing: We may use your personal information to send you updates about our services, including exclusive offers, promotions or new courses. You have the right to opt out of receiving marketing communications at any time. We will always treat your personal information with utmost respect and never share it with other organisations for marketing purposes.
If you choose to make a purchase from us using a loan, we will share your information with lenders with whom we have a relationship. We will only do this with your consent. If you decide to proceed with a loan application, we will share your information with the relevant lender for the purpose of introducing you to their loan product(s). You should refer to the lender’s privacy notice for information on how they process your data.
6 HOW LONG DO WE RETAIN YOUR DATA?
- If enquiring about a course enrolment, we will store your data for 90 days
- If you enrol as a CloudLearn student, we will store your data for 12 months after the completion of your course.
7 HOW TO DELETE OR MODIFY YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
If for any reason you’d like us to delete or modify your data, or opt-out of any communications, you can do this for free. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll meet your request within 30 days.
8 HOW TO REQUEST A COPY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You can ask us for a copy of the information we hold on you at any time, free of charge, by contacting us on email@example.com. We’ll respond within 30 days.
9 HOW TO UNSUBSCRIBE FROM MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS
To opt-out of our emails or other marketing communications, click the ‘unsubscribe’ button at the bottom of any email we send you.
10 HOW TO MAKE A COMPLAINT
We’ll do our best to resolve any complaint or question you have about the data you store with us. If you believe we’ve breached data protection laws, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory body where you work, live, or where the alleged breach occurred.
In the UK, this is the ICO, which can be reached here or by phone on 0303 123 1113.
As our company grows and evolves, we’ll continue to focus on strengthening and improving our privacy practices and tools, for the benefit of our students, contacts, and website visitors.